Send us news by text, start your message Leigh News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Faulty appliance starts blaze in Leigh Road flat
10:20am Wednesday 4th September 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze in a Leigh flat on Tuesday morning.
Crews from Leigh fire station broke down the door and extinguished the fire, which they believe was started by a faulty kitchen appliance, at around 10am.
No one was in the flat on Leigh Road at the time.
Darren Scott, Leigh fire station watch manager, said: “This type of incident shows why people need to make sure their smoke alarms are fitted to warn anyone who had been in at the time. Also, keeping doors shut can reduce smoke damage.
“The flat has been left with extensive smoke damage because all the doors were left open.”
Comments are closed on this article.