Send us news by text, start your message Leigh News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Man suffered burns after garden fire spread to shed
2:00pm Saturday 7th September 2013 in News
A MAN suffered burns to his right arm after a controlled garden fire got out of hand.
Fire crews were called to Dowton Avenue in Hindley after a man left the fire unattended and it spread to a shed, a garage, fence panels and patio doors. It also cracked an upstairs window.
The man was treated by paramedics and his partner and young son suffered mild effects from smoke inhalation on Wednesday at 2pm.
Hindley fire station watch manager, Isaac Olurankinse said: “People should not burn anything in their garden and especially do not leave it unattended. There are safer ways to dispose of unwanted items than burning them.”
Comments are closed on this article.