Woman escapes fire in Golborne thanks to neighbour

Leigh Journal: An electrical fault may have caused the fire An electrical fault may have caused the fire

A WOMAN had a lucky escape from a fire after a neighbour raised the alarm.

The resident was alerted to the fire by the neighbour who banged on her door after hearing a popping noise and smelling smoke coming from the Golborne home.

Firefighters from Hindley and Leigh were called to Ullswater Road at around 10.30pm last night, Monday, and on arrival discovered a well developed fire.

Watch Manager Michael Callan said: "When we arrived there were flames coming from the first floor bedroom window and a lot of smoke.

"Firefighters did a great job. They worked in very hot conditions trying to get the fire under control and stop it from spreading within the roof space and to the building next door."

The resident was taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke and burns to her feet.

The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in the bedroom.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree