BRAVE mum Sarah Taylor received the best gift of her life when she was reunited with her abducted daughter following a two year nightmare.

After hugging her daughter, six–years-old Nadia Fawzi, found after a relentless search, Sarah declared “Thank God it’s over.”

And her delighted family in Hindley Green started early celebrations and praised the people of Libya.

Nadia’s thrilled grandparents, Dave and Dot Taylor said: “When the call came we couldn’t believe it. What a wonderful relief.”

They revealed they had bought Christmas gifts in Nadia’s missing years and had taken some out to Libya in summer when they went to see Sarah who vowed never to give up the hunt for the little girl she last held in May 2007.

Now they hope to fly out to see them as soon as possible.

Sarah sold her George Street, Hindley, home and moved to the North African country, where she will now have to stay to raise Nadia. She was taken from her home by her father Fawzi Abu Arghub on the pretext he was taking her to a party.

Sarah's father said: “We are not worried that Sarah will have to live there permanently. The amount of friends and support the people and the Libyan authorities have given her is unbelievable.”

Sarah revealed that on Monday, December 21, she was told by the British Embassy in Tripoli that Nadia had been found and she should go to collect her.

She said: ”I couldn’t believe it. I knew it was her and she knew it was me. Thank God it’s over with. Thank God I’ve got her, and thank God she remembered me.

“She is fine but doesn’t speak much English now, so it is a bit difficult for me.”

“I am overjoyed to be reunited with Nadia after two years apart – almost a third of her young life.

“I am delighted that she is fit and well, if naturally disorientated by this change in the pattern of her life. We will spend time just getting to know each other again.

“I send my thanks to the people of the borough. I could not have kept going without their support.”

Sarah had written to Colonel Gaddafi, begging for his help in her search and earlier in the year Leigh MP Andy Burnham flew to Tripoli to meet senior Libyan ministers and asked PM Gordon Brown to raise the issue with Libyan leader Colonel Gaddafi.

A delighted Mr Burnham said:”We have waited a long time for this moment, and it has been a very hard road for Sarah.

“She has shown extraordinary courage, dignity and patience and has lived through any parent’s worst nightmare. I have nothing but admiration for the way she has fought her case in the most trying of circumstances imaginable.”