Leigh Centurions 26 Catalans Dragons 37.

Neil Jukes wants the real Leigh Centurions to stand up when they begin their Easter campaign at Salford on Good Friday.

After an encouraging start to life in the Betfred Super League with victories over St Helens, Huddersfield and Warrington, the newcomers have lost their last three games.

This latest contest was virtually done and dusted soon after the first quarter with Dragons plundering five of their six tries.

Gareth Hock’s sin binning for dissent only contributed to Centurions’ downfall while a steepling penalty count also going against the home team.

“Our discipline was horrendous in the first half,” agreed Jukes who handed Gregg McNally his first Super League appearance of the season at full-back and only a second start for Curtis Naughton.

"We are either really good or nowhere near the level which is acceptable in Super League,” added Jukes.

“We are too hit and miss and have been for the past few weeks.

"All the guys are hurting but they will take it on the chin. I have told them all it was always going to be a tough season but we just have to keep working hard.

“It was a disappointing first half and while we can pat ourselves on the back for the second, ultimately and overall it wasn’t good enough.”

Hock later tweeted his take on the mini slump posting:” You lose games it's not nice but every team as bin (sic) through it but you either go home and sulk or keep faith and keep smiling. stay strong.”

And owner Derek Beaumont also had his defiant say:” “When the going gets tough the tough get going and the weak just fall by the side,” he tweeted. “I'm ready! Let's tough this out.”

Leigh’s latest loss dropped them outside the top eight with Catalans’ first win in six taking them into a Super 8’s position.

Ben Reynolds kicked Leigh into an early lead in this first ever Super League clash between the teams.

By the time winger Naughton grabbed Centurions’ next points eight minutes from the break, Dragons had scored 28 during their hot streak.

Ex Wigan and Sale Sharks centre, Iain Thornley, began the spree quickly followed by Brayden Wiliame and Krisnan Inu.

Hock’s yellow card for arguing was followed by two further Dragons scores from Louis Anderson and Richie Myler.

Leigh trailed 28-8 at the break and made further in-roads into their deficit when Dayne Weston powered over for another Reynolds converted score.

Roared on by the Leyther faithful Centurions sensed further points. Instead, full-back Tony Gigot, in his first game back since serving a controversial doping suspension, raced over. Walsh kicked a conversion, penalty and drop goal as Leigh scored 12 points in the closing eight minutes from McNally and Hopkins with Reynolds landing two more conversions.

Match stats: Leigh: McNally; Naughton, Crooks, Brown, Dawson: Ridyard, Reynolds; Hock, Higham, Hopkins, Vea, Stewart, Hansen; Substitutes: Pelissier, Weston, Tickle, Burr.

Tries: Naughton (32), Weston (42), McNally (73), Hopkins (80) Goals: Reynolds (5) Catalans: Gigot; Thornley, Inu, Wiliame, Duport; Walsh, Myler; Moa, Aiton, Casty, Anderson, Garcia, Baitieri, Houston; Substitutes: Bousquet, Simon, Burgess, Da Costa.

Tries: Thornley (7), Wiliame (9), Inu (12), Anderson (21), Myler (23), Gigot (66).

Goals: Walsh (7) Drop goal: Walsh (70) Referee: Jack Smith Attendance: 5612.