LEIGH lost out again at home to West Park, losing at home 19-15.

Although there had been snow overnight and during the morning but the game still went ahead.

The pitch held up well but the result didn’t go in Leigh’s favour again.

Leigh got off to a flying start when a charge down allowed Andy Newton to follow-up and dive on the loose ball to score near the West Park sticks, for a try that was converted by Rob Drake.

A Drake penalty extended Leigh’s lead, on 16 minutes but West Park soon rallied and they created a massive overlap, to score a converted try on 25 minutes.

Alex Leadbetter took a quick tap penalty, which caught West Park napping, to scoot away and score an unconverted try.

But Park came back at Leigh, going over from a rolling maul to cut the deficit to three points.

The second half was a shambling, error ridden affair with both sides cancelling each other out.

Park finally got their act together when their No. 8 crashed over the Leigh line, from a five metre scrum, to score the match winning, unconverted try.

On Saturday Leigh travel to Sefton, 2.15 p.m,. in their final game before the Christmas break.

Tyldesley came up short, losing 24-15 against a strong Bowdon outfit.

It was the visitors who started the better, via some solid controlled rugby, with Conor Norton crashing over by the posts, after just five minutes, but the match official adjudged, he’d been held up.

By 14 minutes Bongs were 12 points adrift, after poor field positioning and slack defending, assisted the hosts in getting a try in the eighth and eleventh minute, one converted.

In between the two given, in what was a disastrous six minutes.

With the game approaching the half hour mark, Tyldesley now had the upper hand. Excellent team play and handling had the ball go out to Gaz Paine, who did extremely well too touch down in the corner.

Bongs continued to turn the screw, which resulted in a second try after some solid pick and drives pushed the hosts back, with Matt Soulsby giving Mark Dickinson the ball, who then produced a great inside pass for Greg Wilde, who touched down under the posts, after hitting a great line, Paul Martin added the extra two.

With seven of the half remaining, Tyldesley continued to be the better side, but Bowden defended well, but with time up, Martin converted a penalty, giving the visitors a 12-15 half time lead.

The second 40 had both teams cancel each other out for long spells; although Bowden started the half on top and missed a very kickable penalty two minutes in.

With an hour almost up, Bowden, capitalized on Tyldesley’s mistakes, and crossed for two very quick tries one converted.

With nine points now separating the teams, and twenty remaining on the clock, Tyldesley would have hoped to get further points and secure a bonus point, maybe a cheeky win, but neither materialised.

MOM Shaun Pulman.

On Saturday Bongs are home to Anselmians.

3rds Home v Orrell