A fire caused by an E-scooter damaged a house in Tyldesley, while a car was reported to be on fire later in the day.

At around 10.50am on Wednesday, March 29 firefighters were called to the fire at an address on Cranworth Avenue.

Three fire engines from Atherton Fire Station attended the incident, which was caused by an e-scooter. No-one was harmed during the incident.

READ > Cocaine and firearms seized as police execute warrant at address

E-scooter fire

Watch manager Steve Green said: “Three fire appliances attended, though it was quickly scaled down to one, with the fire investigation being straightforward.

“No-one was injured.

"One of the neighbours had pulled the E-scooter out of the hallway and put it in the garden, so the fire was effectively out when we arrived, we just had to clear the smoke.

“There was smoke damage upstairs and some damage to the hallway.”

Watch manager Green also issued a safety warning.

He added: “Anyone with E-scooters and E-bikes should store them outside of the house.

"Don’t leave them charging unattended.

“Always maintain them as best as you can and have working smoke alarms.

“If you don’t have working smoke alarms, you can contact the fire service who will fit them for free.”

Car on fire

Leigh Journal: A car was reported to be on fire on Meanley Street, at the back of Elliott StreetA car was reported to be on fire on Meanley Street, at the back of Elliott Street (Image: Google Maps)

Later that day, residents reported seeing a car on fire on Meanley Street in Tyldesley town centre.

A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) said: “At around 11:45pm on Wednesday, March 29 we were called to attend a report of a car on fire on Meanley Street, Tyldesley.

“The crew from Atherton fire station was quickly in attendance, and firefighters used one hose reel and a breathing apparatus to extinguish the flames and make the vehicle safe.

“The crew was at the scene for just over half an hour.”