CATALANS Dragons spoiled Leigh Leopards Challenge Cup homecoming in front of a 8,602 crowd at LSV by posting an impressive 30-14 to re-open a four-point lead at the Super League summit.

Mitchell Pearce, Paul Seguier, Tyrone May and Manu Ma'u scored tries for the Dragons who survived first-half yellow cards for both Mike McMeeken and Micky McIlorum.

Adam Keighran also scored a try and kicked five goals from as many attempts as Steve McNamara's side showed just why they are fancied to make this season's Grand Final. They stopped Leigh scoring a point in the second half while adding three tries.

Leigh Journal:

Leigh dramatically beat Hull KR in golden-point extra-time last week to win the Challenge Cup for the first time since 1971 and led 14-12 at the break.

Props Tom Amone and Ben Nakubuwai scored a try apiece along with three goals by Ben Reynolds. But they were stunned by three converted tries early in the second half and struggled to keep pace with the Dragons.

The Leopards started with Oliver Gildart in the centres for his home debut at the expense of Ed Chamberlain while Joe Mellor was given the hooking role with Edwin Ipape dropping to the bench. Joe Wardle started instead of John Asiata, who also came off the bench for his 200th career appearance.

There was initially no suggestion of any Challenge Cup hangover from Leigh playing at home for the first time since June 30 as they set about Catalans in determined fashion in front of a bumper crowd.

Catalans were reduced to 12 men in the 15th minute when McMeeken was sent to the sin-bin for a late shot on Leopards skipper Asiata. The resultant penalty was kicked by Reynolds to give Leigh a 2-0 lead.

The Leopards made the most of their extra man, scoring the game's first try in the 20th minute. Asiata's superb inside pass was taken at speed by Amone and he charged over for a try which Reynolds converted to make it 8-0.

Leigh Journal:

Catalans, who had already beaten Leigh twice in 2023, responded with two tries in four minutes to take the lead. Scrum-half Pearce followed his own kick through and touched down by the posts for a try which Keighran converted.

Pearce turned provider for Catalans' second try - popping up a pass for Seguier who crashed over. Keighran again added the goal and Catalans led 12-8.

Leigh continued to press as half-time approached and the pressure told on Catalans as hooker McIlorum was shown a yellow card for a late shot - again on Asiata.

The 12 men of Catalans were undone again when Ipape was held up short only for Nakubuwai to force his way over from dummy half. Reynolds' conversion ensured Leigh went in at the break with a slender 14-12 advantage.

Catalans made a lightning start to the second half and after Keighran almost scored in one corner, Tom Davies scored in the other. He grounded a delicate kick through by May after Pearce provided the set-up pass. Keighran's conversion made it 18-14 to the visitors.

May produced a classy solo finish from 15 metres to step through and score in the 56th minute and Catalans looked to have sealed victory 17 minutes from the end when Ma'u was on hand to ground a kick to the corner.

Keighran converted both to make it 30-14 to ensure Leigh's wait for a first ever Super League win over Catalans goes on.