A LARGE garden shed was destroyed in Tyldesley after a a fire ripped through it.

Firefighters from Atherton attended the scene in Lynton Road at about 1.10am on Saturday morning after the owner called 999.

The cause of the blaze was found to be accidental due to an electrical fault.

No one was injured in the incident but the wooden shed, which housed carpentry equipment such as a lathe and a surface planer, suffered such severe fire and smoke damage it will have to be removed.

Watch manager David Holden said: "The fire was accidental. Unfortunately the shed and the equipment inside were completely destroyed."