LEIGH stretched their consecutive run of wins to 20 after prevailing at the Keepmoat Stadium.

The Centurions second visit of the season to the impressive venue this time saw them twice come from behind to eventually shake off Sheffield Eagles.

This was Leigh's toughest game since their Kingstone Press opener against Bradford Bulls as the Centurions conceded an early try when Cory Aston supported Tony Tonks after Eddie Battye's offload.

The Centurions launched only their second attack at the Sheffield line and returned with points in the 13th minute when skipper Bob Beswick moved the ball right and Sam Barlow crossed under the posts which Martyn Ridyard converted.

The Eagles went further ahead when Quintin Laulu-Togagae broke the defensive line and won the foot-race from 40m.

The scores were soon level when Tommy Goulden went over for his 50th Leigh try.

Leigh then scored again after 31 minutes when Ridyard kicked through and McNally picked up his seventh try of the season to lead 16-10 at half-time.

The second half was barely three minutes old when Ridyard was taken down in pursuit of his own chip kick.

Referee Mike Woodhead awarded the penalty and Ridyard converted from 40 metres to nudge Leigh eight points clear.

The Centurions were reduced to 12 men when McNally threw the ball into the stand after going close to scoring a try and sparking a 20 minute delay for the ball to be returned.

Sheffield took advantage with tries for Scott Turner and Laulu-Togagaae with Briggs adding the extras on each score to make it 22-18.

Resolute Leigh stuck to their task, defending in numbers and pushing up aggressively.

Running a last tackle play from inside his own half, Aston turned the play back inside but rather than risking a turnover, Laulu-Togagae offloaded wildly for Brierley to intercept and canter to the posts for Ridyard to goal after 68 minutes.

As time ticked by, Sheffield began to look more and more tired and with a couple of minutes remaining Beswick again turned provider for the outstanding Jake Emmitt to push over for Leigh.

Just as the Eagles were looking to have one last attack Sam Barlow snatched a short kick-off out of the air with defenders baring down on him, and then off-loaded to Brierley and seal the win.

CENTURIONS: McNally, Pownall, Platt, Armstrong, Kay; Ridyard, Brierley; Hock, Beswick, Emmitt, Dixon, Goulden, Barlow. Subs Foster (not used), Hopkins, Aspinwall, Acton.

Attendance: 1,454.

Referee: Michael Woodhead.