Neil Jukes cut a lonely figure after Leigh’s latest horror show left their head coach fighting for his job.

Toulouse, who played for 42 minutes with 12-men, fought back from 20-6 and 26-16 down to snatch a dramatic victory 32-26 with three tries and 16 points in the last seven minutes.

Many home fans turned on Jukes with their chants while at the same time applauding the French visitors’ late touch downs.

Jukes left the coaches’ room without facing the media with skipper Harrison Hansen asked to answer questions about this latest shambolic display.

Two-try man of the match, Liam Hood, apologised for Centurions sub-standard performance in the post-match sponsorship presentation.

And owner Derek Beaumont also addressed fans though wouldn’t be drawn on whether Jukes would still be in post for Sunday’s visit of Featherstone.

“I want you all to trust me,” he said after Leigh’s third defeat in four games. “I heard what was said out there. It is difficult “But I have got to give people the right opportunities. I won’t speak about anyone’s future here before I speak to anyone themselves.

“That would be inappropriate. I have the club’s best interests at heart. That is all that matters.

“I am playing with my own money and no one else’s. But I am not a quitter.”

Hood added: “It’s not good enough and it is an attitude thing. We had a comfortable enough lead to win that game against 12 men.

“We train as hard as any team but we haven’t got that desire at the minute.

“It’s not nice when you hear your own fans clapping your opponents. But you rightly deserved to do that. All I can ask you stick with us and we will get there. “ After an early set-back when Rhys Curran scored the first of six Toulouse tries, Leigh responded with the next 20 points.

Doubles from Matty Dawson-Jones and Hood plus two Jack Owens goals put the home side in control.

Toulouse had also lost ex Wigan forward Eddy Pettybourne for a reckless high shot on prop Jamie Acton who took no further part in the game.

However, Toulouse showed the spirit Leigh lacked and fought back after Hood’s second try in the 45th minute with Gavin Marguerite and Bastien Canet touching down. Full-back Mark Kheirallah kicked one conversion to trim Leigh’s lead to 20-16.

A 67th minute Ilias Bergal effort and Owens touchline goal looked to have again put the match out of reach at 26-16.

Instead, Kheirallah, Marguerite and then Stan Robin from Kheirallah’s break struck in the last seven minutes to seal a famous win.

“It’s nothing to do with ‘Jukesy or the coaches, it’s all down to the players,” insisted Hansen. “We should have been running away with that game. We need to take a good look at ourselves.”

To add insult to injury half back Daniel Mortimer left the ground with his right knee in a brace.

Match stats: Leigh: Owens; Dawson-Jones, Crooks, Mata’utia, Bergal; Mortimer, Hutchison; Vaivai, Hood, Hansen, Larroyer, B Thompson, J Thompson; substitutes: Cunningham, Acton, Mason, Richards.

Tries: Dawson-Jones (22, 33), Hood (25,45), Bergal (67) Goals: Owens 3/5 Toulouse: Kheirallah; Marcon, Marguerite, Ader, Therond; Barthau, Robin; Puech, Marion, Canet, Mika, Curran, Bentley; substitutes: Bouzinac, Boyer, Hepi, Pettybourne.

Tries: Curran (3), Marguerite (48, 74), Canet (53), Kheirallah (72), Robin (78) Goals: Kheirallah 4/6 Referee: Jack Smith Half-time: 14-6 Attendance:3143 Sent-off: Eddy Pettybourne (Toulouse) high tackle