LEIGH handed a debut to 2018 Super League Dream Teamer, Danny Richardson, as half back partner Martyn Ridyard masterminded the downfall of his former club.

Ridyard, a Championship Shield winner for Rovers against Leigh last October, contributed 13 points as Centurions hit back from a 14-10 deficit to make it two home wins from two in the Betfred Championship.

That was just the response demanded by coach John Duffy after the previous week’s defeat at Halifax.

Richardson has been unable to force his way into St Helens’ squad during the first month of the campaign after a close season injury.

And it’s believed the half back prospect asked to go out on dual registration in order to achieve match sharpness, joining Luke Douglas, Matty Costello and Aaron Smith.

Josh Woods made way for the newcomer while Gregg McNally made his 150th appearance in Leigh colours and skipper Micky Higham marked 20 years in the senior game.

“We just didn’t seem at it in that first half,” said Duffy as Rovers scored three of their four tries in the opening 40 minutes.

“It’s again taken me ripping the dressing room to shreds at half-time to get a reaction, which I shouldn’t have to do.

“That said, I thought we were outstanding in the second half and managed the game well and played when we needed to. We got a good win in the end.”

Watson Boas’s early penalty put Fev ahead before McNally and Luke Douglas responded with tries to give Leigh a 10-2 advantage after 17 minutes.

Rovers had to do without Brad Day for 10 minutes following a dangerous tackle but they hit back with a 23rd minute try from Daniel Smith.

Restored to 13 men, Fev notched further tries from Luke Briscoe and Harry Newman to take them 14-10 clear.

With Duffy’s strong words still ringing in their ears, Leigh heeded the message at the start of the second period.

In the space of 14 minutes, Tom Spencer, Ridyard and Aaron Smith crossed for tries all converted by Ridyard to make it 28-14.

There were only nine minutes remaining of an absorbing contest when Ridyard landed a drop goal to nudge Leigh closer to the winning post.

And despite a late Watson Boas try, Leigh held on for an encouraging win ahead of Sunday’s visit of unbeaten Championship leaders, Toronto Wolfpack.

• To complete a winning weekend Leigh’s Under 16’s development squad recovered from 10-0 down to beat Salford Red Devils 28-26.

Leigh: McNally; Pownall, I Thornley, Costello, Marsh; Ridyard, Richardson; Ashworth, Higham, Douglas, T Adamson, A.Thornley, Brooks. Subs: Smith, Cator, Spencer, L Adamson.

Tries: McNally (6), Douglas (17), Spencer (43), Ridyard (49), Smith (59);

Goals: Ridyard 4/ 5;

Drop-goal: Ridyard (72)

Featherstone: Turner; Briscoe, Teteh, Sutcliffe, Newman; A Boas, W Boas; Wheeldon, King, Ormondroyd, Day, Walters, D Smith. Subs: Cooper, Lockwood, Maskill, Render.

Tries: Smith (23), Briscoe (33), Newman (38), W Boas (80);

Goals: W Boas 2/ 3, King 0/ 2.

Half-time: 10-14.

Attendance: 3,443.

Referee: Jack Smith.