Leigh earned their first win of the Super League season with a 54-4 demolition of a woeful Hull FC at the MKM Stadium.

Challenge Cup holders Leigh had lost their first three games of the campaign, but they outscored their opponents by nine tries to one to leave Hull having lost four in five.

Matt Moylan starred for the visitors with a try, eight conversions and a penalty.

Leigh dominated from the off with tries from Umyla Hanley and Josh Charnley before Tex Hoy reduced the arrears.

Further tries from Ricky Leutele, Robbie Mulhern and Ben McNamara saw Leigh well on top at the break.

Ollie Holmes added two tries early in the second period, and Moylan dived in before Leutele's second took the visitors past 50 points near the end.

Liam Tindall's first involvement on his debut was to be pushed into touch close to his own line and from the next move Hanley made the most of room wide on the right to cross inside the opening five minutes.

Try number two came shortly after on the left as Charnley dived in to double the advantage after nine minutes, with Moylan this time adding the extras.

But Hull hit back almost straight away as Hoy found a gap on the right to cross after the visitors had handed over possession 10 metres out.

Leigh exploited big gaps on their left once more as Leutele came inside and stretched to touch down, with Moylan's kick making it 16-4 with 15 minutes on the clock.

Leigh's next attack yielded number four as Mulhern forced his way over despite the efforts of two defenders and Moylan converted to put his side 22-4 ahead a little over a quarter of the way into the game.

Boos rang around the MKM Stadium as Leigh scored try number five, McNamara providing support inside to touch down, Moylan making it four kicks from five with 10 minutes of the half remaining.

Franklin Pele's late hit saw him sent to the sin bin in the final minute, with Moylan kicking the penalty to make it 30-4 to the visitors at the break.

Holmes had an easy job to score try number six as the ball was flicked on to him short of the Hull line and he strolled in under the posts, making it an easy conversion for Moylan.

Holmes raced in for his second try just minutes later, with conversion number six from Moylan seeing Leigh 42-4 to the good.

Moylan then converted his own try after diving in and Leutele grabbed his second with six minutes to go to complete a miserable day for the home side as the visitors passed 50 points.