A BANK was filled with smoke after a security system was accidently activated.
Firefighters were called to Barclays on Railway Road in Leigh just after 5pm yesterday, Wednesday, to find that a smoke cloak had been set off.
They used a fan to ventilate the building and clear it of the smoke.
Fireman Stuart Parr said: “The cloak is part of the banks security system so if someone tries to break in or anything it fills the building full of smoke.
“There wasn't a break in and we don’t know if it was accidently switched on or if it was a fault with the system.”