Barclays Cash for Schools
Through our flagship UK community programme, Barclays Money Skills, we’re investing £15m over three years to help one million people build the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to manage their money more effectively. We’re also contributing our time, energy and resourses to make sure Barclays Money Skills make a long term postitve difference to society.
Financial skills are important at almost every stage of life. Young people face a particularly challenging set of circumstances as they have to learn and develop skills to manage their money for the first time. However simple or complicated their choices, as young people take their first steps, they need all the guidance they can get – that’s where Barclays Money Skills helps.
Barclays Money Skills is a national programme that helps young people to develop and improve their financial skills, knowledge and confidence. The programme is delivered through partnerships with respected charities including Action for Children, the National Skills Academy for Financial Services and the National Youth Agency, as well as by Barclays employees themselves.
Barclays Money Skills tackles topics such as opening a bank account, budgeting, saving and spending; and gives practical guidance on what to do when something goes wrong.
Barclays employees are pledging to help too and we’re supporting them with volunteer toolkits, time off and grants to help them work with schools and community groups in their local communities.
Over the past five years Barclays employees have given over one million volunteering hours. We know that they have a huge amount to give, so by helping them share their expertise we can reach many more people in the local communities we serve.
* We believe that we can make the biggest difference to society when we focus on the areas where we can share our core expertise to make sure our actions really count.
* We invest in projects that build financial capability and inclusion and support enterprise because that is where we believe we can have the biggest social impact for the communities we serve.
* Through our flagship UK community programme, Barclays Money Skills, we’re investing £15m over three years to help one million people build the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to manage their money more effectively.
* Barclays employees are at the heart of everything we do, and we support them to get involved with the causes that matter to them most through paid volunteering leave and matched fundraising programmes.
* Our goal is to help people better access, make and manage their money to help make their lives much easier.